“Can you REALLY make money blogging?” It’s a question I used to ask myself a lot.
Did someone forget to cc me on the blogging email? How were people earning 6 and 7 figures from a blog WITHOUT needing sponsorships?
The math wasn’t adding up in my head, and honestly, I thought people were lying!
… turns out I was just lying to myself, lol because YES, people actually do earn income blogging, and now, as a full-time blogger, I can say blogging is extremely profitable (YES, even now!).
Want to know just how much bloggers earn? In this article, I’m going to share some blogging income reports by other bloggers as well as some of the most common ways bloggers earn money!
Let’s get started, shall we?!
Most common ways bloggers earn an income:
Bloggers can make money in various ways, but one of the most common methods is through ad revenue.
Ad revenue is a source of income that bloggers are able to generate when they run advertisements on their blogs.
This form of monetization allows bloggers to make money from their blogs by displaying ads and getting paid for each ad that is clicked on.
The amount of money that can be made from ads depends on the number of views the blog receives, as well as how much the advertiser is willing to pay.
Right now, my fashion blog earns over 4-figures every month just from ad revenue! It’s definitely a lucrative source of income if you have a lot of blog traffic.
Another lucrative way bloggers can make money is by leveraging affiliate links.
What is affiliate marketing? Affiliate marketing is when an advertiser pays a commission to the publisher (the blogger) for referring customers.
So let’s say you write a blog post reviewing a computer that you love. You can recommend that computer and link it with your affiliate link to the computer.
If someone clicks that link and purchases the computer, you earn a commission!
I absolutely love affiliate marketing and earn half of my income by leveraging it for my blogs and youtube channel!
Another great way to make money as a blogger is to sell your own digital products.
This could include eBooks, courses, templates, guides, and printables. This is a great way to monetize your blog, as it’s a passive income stream.
You can create the product once and sell it many times over. Plus, digital products are relatively inexpensive to produce, so you can get a good return on your investment!
I’ve earned over six figures from digital product sales (specifically courses!), and it’s something I definitely recommend for bloggers if it aligns with your brand!
Plus, it doesn’t require a large audience! If you have a course that is $1000 and 5 people purchase it, that’s $5000 you earn!
Sponsorships are another way bloggers make money. Sponsorships are agreements in which a company pays a blogger to feature its product on their blog or social media.
This can include sponsored posts, reviews, or giveaways. Through sponsorships, bloggers can get paid for their creative content and reach a larger audience.
While you don’t need a large audience to make money with sponsorships, I do find it’s best to have a decent amount of traffic.
You can also bundle it where you post on your blog as well as social media pages like YouTube and Instagram (which I’ve done many times!)
You can also make money as a blogger by selling your services including consulting, coaching, or providing a specialized service.
Popular services offered by bloggers include:
- Content creation: Writing blog posts, creating video or audio content
- Social media marketing: Creating and managing social media campaigns for clients
- SEO: Optimizing webpages for search engine ranking
- Graphic design: Designing logos, banners, and other visual designs
- Web design: Developing websites from scratch or customizing existing ones
- Email marketing: Building email lists and crafting newsletters
- Virtual assistant services: Providing administrative support for a client
- Speaking engagements: Participating in conferences, classes, and other events
- Audits and reviews: Analyzing the performance of websites or online stores
- Consulting services: Advising clients on industry best practices
- Coaching: Helping clients with personal and professional development
These are just a few popular services offered by bloggers!
While providing a service is not a source of passive income, it’s a very lucrative source since you can charge higher for your time.
I used to offer video editing, and my blog would bring me in clients! While I no longer offer video editing and have dialed back on providing services, I cannot deny how much money you can make from it!
So here are some of the most popular ways that Bloggers earn money but trust me, it’s not the only way!
There are so many other ways you can make money from your blog, including selling physical products, dropshipping, having a membership, and more! The sky is the limit when it comes to HOW!
Now, let’s talk about HOW MUCH!
Blogging income reports:
I love blogging income reports because they motivate and inspire me. I see what other bloggers are earning from their revenue, and it reminds me of what is possible!
Here are some income reports from other bloggers sharing a breakdown of their own income!
- $250k/month from a finance blog: https://www.starterstory.com/how-to-start-a-personal-finance-blog
- $250K/month from a family travel blog: https://itsalovelylife.com/december-2018-blog-income-report/
- $41k/month with a home organizing blog: https://justagirlandherblog.com/december-2016-income-report/
- $10k/month from a sewing blog: https://www.starterstory.com/make-money-selling-digital-products-blog
- $25/month from a mommy blog: https://startamomblog.com/how-make-money-mom-blog-with-no-time/
- $150k/month from lifestyle blog: https://www.makingsenseofcents.com/2018/12/november-blog-income-report.html
- $25/month from a DIY blog: https://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/blogging-income-report-november-2016.html
- $10k/month from personal growth and wellness blog: https://www.starterstory.com/how-to-start-a-personal-growth-business
- $43k/month from a fiance blog: https://thesavvycouple.com/blogging-income-report-may-2019/
- $15k/month from a DIY blog: https://jennifermaker.com/blog-income-report-september-2017/
- $11k/month from a fashion blog: https://chicpursuit.com/january-blog-income-report/
- $12/K month from mommy blog: https://www.therealisticmama.com/mom-made-12000-blogging-january-income-report/
- $300k/year from a blog about being a freelance writer: https://www.starterstory.com/stories/i-got-fired-it-fueled-me-to-build-my-own-300k-year-business
- $15k/month from food health blog: https://www.starterstory.com/how-to-start-a-food-blog-for-fitness-enthusiasts
- $12K/month from men’s fashion blog: https://fulltimeblog.com/income-report-q2-2021/
- $9k/month from lifestyle blog: https://bysophialee.com/2019-january-online-income-report/
- $100k month from food blog: https://pinchofyum.com/november-traffic-income-report
As you can see, blogging is still profitable, and YES, you can earn a full-time income with your blog.
Making money blogging is possible, and for many, it’s a great career option. You can make anything from a few extra dollars a month to a full-time income if you put in the effort.
It may take time, but the potential is there, so don’t give up. Even though creating and running a profitable blog takes work and perseverance, it can be an efficient way to make some cash while doing something you enjoy.
Before you take the plunge into blogging for money, though, I highly recommend taking advantage of resources like my free blogging checklist, which covers what needs to be done with your blog.
This checklist can help ensure you don’t forget any vital steps! Plus you also get access to my additional guides and checklist to help you with planning and monetization strategies that can help increase your success rates when starting out.
What to read next: How to start a money-making blog